Treat yourself to an amazing overnight adventure aboard the luxury 42-foot catamaran, Cape Bretoner 1. If time permits book two nights and experience two secluded coves for your overnight mooring.
Overnight Sail Charter
Spend an invigorating day sailing the scenic Bras d’Or Lake, before dropping anchor in a calm and pristine cove for the night. Under your Captain’s guidance, experience the thrill of taking the wheel and assisting with mooring. Enjoy an early evening swim in the clear waters or explore the shoreline on Cape Bretoner 1’s paddle board or dinghy.
Prepare your evening meal in the comfort of a fully equipped galley, then settle in for an extraordinary night of star gazing the unobstructed dark skies of the Bras d’Or Lake, a designated UNESCO Biosphere Reserve.
Feel refreshed as you awake to the beauty of nature all around, indulge in an early morning swim, enjoy breakfast on the aft deck then set sail for the charming village of Baddeck. One or two nights on the Bras d’Or will leave you perfectly refreshed for your next Cape Breton adventure, including the scenic Cabot Trail.
- Overnight sailing charter (1 to 2 nights) of the Bras d’Or Lake UNESCO Biosphere Reserve, featuring over 1,250 km (790 miles) of coastline
- 1 or 2 full days of sailing, and one or two nights moored in a sheltered cove allowing for swimming, snorkeling, and trying out the Sailing CBI dinghy and paddle board
- Local Captain as your guide with over 45 years boating experience and a wealth of local knowledge, who takes pride in sharing local stories and the Bras d’Or Lake with guests
- Guests will be invited to take the helm, assist with mooring, and dropping anchor under the experienced eye of your Captain
- Welcome charcuterie board, featuring local flavours, prepared by Sailing CBI
Duration: 1 – 2 Nights
Dates offered: June 01, 2022 – October 24, 2022
- $1,800 per night
- maximum booking capacity: three couples
- Tax (HST) and gratuities extra
- Optional additional hostess/crew available on request – additional fees apply; to be discussed at time of booking
Good to Know:
- Cape Bretoner 1 is a 42’ x 24’ Alpha catamaran with a fully equipped kitchen, two dining areas, two full washrooms, two Queen berths and one three/quarter bed berth
- From your charter vessel, you will always have great visibility of the surrounding landscape and beautiful views that can only be experienced from the water
- Food and beverage sourcing arrangements can be made at time of booking with Sailing CBI as you will be invited to make use of the vessel’s modern galley kitchen, and cooking essentials including three fridges, one freezer, and full cooking facilities.
- Recommend packing layered clothing and light-soled footwear
- Ideal salt water swimming, with water temperatures reaching a high of 78F in August and September
- You’ll experience little fog, good prevailing winds and over 600 miles of inland sailing, the lake being 90 miles in length and over 23 miles at the widest point
- The enormous inland sea has very deep channels with sheltered mooring areas of up to 15 feet of water
- The boat is fully provisioned for each sailing charter other than food & beverage, which must be covered by the party chartering the vessel
- Costs covered include fuel, water, and pump-out
- Cost not covered $150 fee for cleaning
- Price does not include any travel getting to or returning from Baddeck, NS
- The vessel Cape Bretoner 1 is located at the Baddeck Community Wharf, in the heart of the village just behind the Freight Shed Waterside Bistro—a great spot for pre or post charter meals, or take-out
- The village of Baddeck is a gateway to the world-famous Cabot Trail, and Sailing CBI encourages guests to book a couple of extra days to explore its landscape as well as many of Cape Breton Island’s treasures including the Alexander Graham Bell Museum, and Fortress of Louisbourg
- All guests will be required to sign a liability waiver entitled Sailing CBI Inc. Charter Agreement
- Sailing CBI takes precautions for COVID-19 to ensure a safe environment aboard, and provides a safety orientation prior to boarding, including how COVID-19 regulations will be managed, masks can be provided on request