Prepare yourself for the sailing vacation of a lifetime! Spend 4-7 days (3-6 nights) cruising the pristine waters of the Bras d’Or Lake – Canada’s largest inland salt water sea and a UNESCO Biosphere Reserve. Multi-day charters allow you to choose your course, day by day – and anchor in a new, secluded mooring each night.
4-7 Day (3-6 Night) Sailing Charter
Take the plunge and book yourself a sailing vacation of a lifetime! Spend 4-7 days navigating the pristine waters of the Bras d’Or Lake, and being lulled to sleep by the calm under the stars aboard the luxury catamaran, Cape Bretoner 1. With your Captain’s expertise at the helm, become involved in everything from choosing your sailing course by day, hoisting sails, taking the wheel, and anchoring in a secluded cove, or one of several marinas.
Feel completely rejuvenated by the refreshing afternoon breezes, and the stillness of the evenings. With ample deck space to call your own, allow the beauty of nature, the sparkling deep waters and incredible landscape refresh your soul.
Discover Canada’s largest inland salt water sea for yourself, as you try your hand at sailing the waters of this incredible UNESCO Biosphere Reserve. Your Captain delights in seeing the comradery formed amongst guests as they discover their love of sailing and living aboard Cape Bretoner 1.
- Multi-day guided sailing charter of the Bras d’Or Lake UNESCO Biosphere Reserve, featuring over 1,250 km (790 miles) of coastline
- Three night minimum charter bookings affords guests four days of sailing, exploring the coastline and three nights moored in sheltered coves allowing for daily swimming, snorkeling, trying out the Sailing CBI dinghy and paddle board
- Extend your charter up to 6 nights allowing ample time for secluded coves and overnight options at one or more Bras d’Or Lake marinas affording guests the opportunity for golfing, dining in restaurants, marina laundry and shower facilities
- Local captain as your guide with over 45 years boating experienced a wealth of local knowledge, who takes pride in sharing the Bras d’Or Lake and local stories with guests
- Guests will have ample opportunity for harnessing the wind on this magnificent boat – Try your hand at taking the helm, assisting with mooring, tying up at a marina, and dropping anchor – expanding your sailing knowledge with each invigorating day
- Welcome charcuterie board, featuring local flavours, prepared by Sailing CBI
- $1800 per night
- Tax (HST) and gratuities extra
- Optional additional crew/host are available – fees extra; to be determined at time of booking
Good to Know
- Cape Bretoner 1 is a 42’ x 24’ Alpha catamaran with a fully equipped kitchen, two dining areas, three private berths, and two full washrooms. There are two Queen berths and one three/quarter bed berth available
- Food and beverage sourcing arrangements can be made at time of booking with Sailing CBI as you will be invited to make use of the vessel’s modern galley kitchen, and cooking essentials including three fridges, one freezer, and full cooking facilities.
- Recommend packing layered clothing and light-soled footwear
- From your charter, you will always have great visibility of the surrounding landscape and beautiful views that can only be experienced from the water
- Ideal salt water swimming, with water temperatures reaching a high of 78F in August and September
- You’ll experience little fog, good prevailing winds and over 600 miles of inland sailing, the lake being 90 miles in length and over 23 miles at the widest point
- This enormous inland sea has very deep channels with sheltered mooring areas of up to 15 feet of water
- Multi-day charters allow opportunity for docking at several marinas giving access to dining options, golfing, laundry, and shower facilities
- The boat is fully provisioned for each sailing charter other than food & beverage, which must be covered by the party chartering the vessel
- Costs covered include fuel, water, and pump-out
- Cost not covered $150 fee for cleaning
- Price does not include any travel getting to or returning from Baddeck, NS
- The vessel Cape Bretoner 1 is located at the Baddeck Community Wharf, in the heart of the village just behind the Freight Shed Waterside Bistro—a great spot for pre or post charter meals, or take-out
- The village of Baddeck is a gateway to the world-famous Cabot Trail, and Sailing CBI encourages guests to book a couple of extra days to explore its landscape as well as many of Cape Breton Island’s treasures including the Alexander Graham Bell Museum, and Fortress of Louisbourg
- Single day charters, and evening cruise charters are also available
- All guests will be required to sign a liability waiver entitled Sailing CBI Inc. Charter Agreement
- Sailing CBI takes precautions for COVID-19 to ensure a safe environment aboard, and provides a safety orientation prior to boarding, including how COVID-19 regulations will be managed, masks can be provided on request
Multi-Day Charter Conditions
- Multi-Day charters have a maximum capacity of three couples