Book before February 28, 2023 to secure an early bird discount of 10%
Book a sailing vacation of a lifetime! Spend 2 to 7 days navigating the pristine waters of the Bras d’Or Lake, and being lulled to sleep under the stars aboard the luxury catamaran, Cape Bretoner 1. With your Captain’s expertise, become involved in choosing your sailing course by day, hoisting the sails, taking the wheel, and anchoring in secluded coves.
Feel completely rejuvenated by the refreshing afternoon breezes, and the stillness of the evenings. With ample deck space to call your own, allow the beauty of nature, the sparkling deep waters and incredible landscape refresh your soul.
Discover Canada’s largest inland salt water sea, as you try your hand at sailing the waters of this incredible UNESCO Biosphere Reserve. Your Captain delights in seeing the comradery formed amongst guests as they discover a love of sailing and life aboard Cape Bretoner 1.
- Multi-day guided sailing charter of the Bras d’Or Lake UNESCO Biosphere Reserve, featuring over 1,250 km (790 miles) of coastline
- One to two night charter bookings includes three days of sailing, exploring the coastline, and nights under the stars in sheltered coves. Guests can enjoy swimming, snorkeling, and trying out the Sailing CBI dinghy and paddle board
- Three to six night charters – a multi-day charter of up to 6 nights allows more time for sailing, relaxing in secluded coves and the added option of overnighting in one or more marinas on the Bras d’Or Lake. Multi-day charters open up land side experiences including golfing, restaurant dining, and marina facilities including laundry, recreation, showers and dining.
- Local Captain as your guide with over 45 years boating experience and a wealth of local knowledge, who takes pride in sharing the Bras d’Or Lake and local stories with guests
- Guests will have ample opportunity for harnessing the wind on this magnificent boat – Try your hand at taking the helm, assisting with mooring, tying up at a marina, and dropping anchor – expanding your sailing knowledge with each invigorating day
- Welcome charcuterie board, featuring local flavours, prepared by Sailing CBI
- PRICE $1,980 per night aboard our 42 foot Catamaran (with expanded itinerary with three-to-six-night bookings)
- Maximum of three couples
- Tax (HST), Cleaning fees and gratuities extra
Good to Know
- Cape Bretoner 1 is a 42’ x 24’ Alpha catamaran with a fully equipped kitchen, two dining areas, three private berths, and two full washrooms. There are two Queen berths and one three/quarter bed berth available
- Food and beverage sourcing arrangements can be made at time of booking with Sailing CBI as you will be invited to make use of the vessel’s modern galley kitchen, and cooking essentials including three fridges, one freezer, and full cooking facilities.
- Recommend packing layered clothing and light-soled footwear
- From your charter, you will always have great visibility of the surrounding landscape and beautiful views that can only be experienced from the water
- Ideal salt water swimming, with water temperatures reaching a high of 78F in August and September
- You’ll experience little fog, good prevailing winds and over 600 miles of inland sailing, the lake being 90 miles in length and over 23 miles at its widest point
- This enormous inland sea has very deep channels with sheltered mooring areas of up to 15 feet of water
- Four or more nights aboard allow opportunity for docking at several marina options giving access to dining options, golfing, laundry, and shower facilities
- The boat is fully provisioned for each sailing charter other than food and beverage, which must be covered by the party chartering the vessel
- Costs covered include fuel, water, and pump-out
- Cost not covered $225 fee for cleaning
- Price does not include any travel getting to or returning from Baddeck, NS
- The vessel Cape Bretoner 1 is located at the Baddeck Community Wharf, in the heart of the village just behind the Freight Shed Waterside Bistro—a great spot for pre or post charter meals, or take-out
- The village of Baddeck is a gateway to the world-famous Cabot Trail, and Sailing CBI encourages guests to book a couple of extra days to explore its landscape as well as many of Cape Breton Island’s treasures including the Alexander Graham Bell Museum, and Fortress of Louisbourg
- Single day charters, and evening cruise charters are also available
- All guests will be required to sign a liability waiver entitled Sailing CBI Inc. Charter Agreement
- Sailing CBI takes precautions for COVID-19 to ensure a safe environment aboard, and provides a safety orientation prior to boarding, including how COVID-19 regulations will be managed, masks can be provided on request
Overnight Charter Conditions
- Multi-day charter capacities have a maximum of three couples
- Fees for additional hostess/crew for discussion at time of booking
- Advance booking required with 30% deposit at time of booking
- Full payment is due 30 days prior to charter date
- Refunds can be applied pending government guidelines (during the COVID pandemic)